Sodding and Re-sodding in Arvada
APC Landscape Supply is your source for landscaping materials of all kinds. We carry, sell, and deliver a variety of top-grade sod and topsoil. We stand apart in the industry with superior client care, competitive price points, and same-day delivery.
Call us at (303) 279-6683 to speak with one of our representatives.
One Place, All Your Landscape Essentials
APC Landscape Supply is a family-owned business leveraging over two decades of experience to give you a greener lawn. At our company, we know that lush, healthy lawns don’t grow themselves. They require top-tier products to thrive—so that’s what we provide.
We’re thrilled to act as a premier wholesale supplier of top-quality sod and soil. Our turf producers are best-in-class. They grow and harvest healthy sod from nutrient-rich peat soil. What’s more, our sod boasts superior color and disease resistance. With our sod on the scene, your lawn will be a beautiful thing to see.
Request a Sod Estimate
We invite you to contact our team to request a no-obligation cost estimate. The prices of our sod depend on the variety of grass in question, delivery requirements, and the number of rolls you need. If you require assistance measuring your yard or calculating how much sod you need for your project, feel free to reach out to us by phone.
Lush Sod, Low Prices
When it comes to sod, we’re paving a new way forward by slashing costs and driving down price points. Our business model puts the client first, and to that end, we always price our products competitively.
We source our sod from a well-established network of leading sod farms. Every roll that we order boasts:
- Greater resilience
- Less maintenance
- Better appearance
- Less soil erosion
With premium sod like ours, it’s hard to believe we can keep our price tags so small. In-house, we work relentlessly to make it happen. We operate with lean operational practices and efficient labor strategies. All our skills and resources go into providing you with the best products at the best prices.
Don’t take our word for it, though—find out the value of our sod for yourself. Request an estimate today.
We make landscaping even easier with sod delivery. Our company owns and operates a heavy-duty fleet of forklift-equipped trucks. We regularly transport sod throughout the local region, and we’d be delighted to do the same for you. In many cases, we can even arrange same-day delivery.
We’ll quote the delivery charge to you, obligation-free upon order. We can deliver right to your home or project site, even if you’re not on-site to collect the order. We simply ask that you liaise with us beforehand to arrange where our employees should unload the pallets. In some cases, there are bylaws against dumping on the street. We kindly ask that you contact your local City or Home Owners Association to discuss the rules in your neighborhood before scheduling a delivery order.
If you prefer to pick up your order, that’s no problem either. Tell us when you plan to arrive, and we’ll have your fresh-cut sod ready and waiting for you.
Why is sod such a sought after service? Fresh sod dramatically increases the curb appeal of any private or commercial residence. The brilliant, thriving grass makes your outdoor space more inviting for you and your guests. Plus, if you are having any erosion problems, a strong layer of sod might be just the trick you need to maintain the excellence of your landscaping. Want to know more about sod projects with APC Landscape Supply?
The Preliminary Step for Sodding Projects
There are three main obstacles that can put a major wrench in any sod or re-sod project:
- Irrigation systems
- Utility lines
The presence of these systems doesn’t present a problem if they are buried at least 18 inches deep. To make your project runs smoothly, our team will do a preliminary check of your yard. Should we find anything of note, we’ll let you know and work with you to find a solution. We complete this step whether you need entirely new sod or are replacing old sod.
What Is Our Sodding and Re-Sodding Procedure?
If you are new to sod, it helps to understand the general process and the labor involved. After years of service, we have refined our process to the following steps:
- Remove Existing Lawn: It’s important to start fresh with sod, so we’ll remove any existing sod and lawn components.
- Tilling: We need to loosen between 4 and 6 inches of earth to lay quality sod.
- Clean Debris: During the first two steps, we typically uncover rocks, clods and weeds. At this point, we’ll go back and collect debris and clean the area.
- Soil Additives: If your soil needs a boost, we may add compost or a curated soil mix that’ll get the most from your sod.
- Leveling: We’ll smooth the sod area with a rake to make sure it is level enough.
- Fertilizer: To give you sod the best chance possible, we lay a topical layer of fertilizer before installation.
- Installing the Sod: We’ll put the sod pieces in place and look over our work to avoid gaps.
Popular Sod Types
The best type of sod for you will depend on where you are located and what kind of climate you live in. Even within Arvada, some homes may be better suited to warm or cool climate grass due to their lawn’s sub exposure. Some popular sod types include:
- Kentucky Bluegrass is ideal for anyone living in a cool environment. The grass is pretty touch when it comes to a harsh winter freeze.
- Fine Fescue is popular for homeowners living in moderately cool areas. It has a high drought tolerance and relatively low maintenance.
- Bermuda Grass does well in warm climates as the name suggests. It’s no stranger to drought and doesn’t need much maintenance.
- St. Augustine is best for areas with high degrees of sun exposure. While it’s resistant to droughts, it actually has moderate to high water consumption in an ideal environment.
Want to Get Started on Your Project?
Give us a call or fill out our quick contact form to get in touch with our professional staff. We’ll be happy to answer your questions and set you up with a consultation.